From scheduling and controlling multiple suppliers in a lean manufacturing environment, to final assembly and shipping, we can reduce your labor cost by managing your supply chain.
Value Added Services: Struggling with Complex Design and Cost Challenges?
Is All Your Time Tied up Managing Your Supply Chain? Let Us Manage Some of it for You
In addition to being a Tier 1 supplier of metal components to some of the most well-known OEMs in the country, we’re experts at cost-effectively optimizing, replacing, consolidating, and managing the supply chain of our customers’.
Lower your total cost without compromising quality or lead times by allowing Vulcan to manufacture your parts AND manage your supply chain. Vulcan Industries maintains competitive pricing through successful partnerships with the providers of:
- Heat Treating
- Functional Plating
- Cosmetic and Decorative Chrome Plating
- Paint and Powder Finishes
- We have success and experience in scheduling and controlling multiple suppliers in a lean manufacturing environment
- We carefully monitor subcontracted operations to ensure compliance to established specifications
- We will reduce your labor cost by managing your supply chain, which will free up resources to focus on your core business
Save Time and Money – Regardless of Your Part Production Status
Working with customers on new projects provides the opportunity for us to present manufacturing solutions like prototyping and tooling.
This design for manufacturing approach takes advantage of the most robust processes that design quality into your product to meet your design objectives.
- Short lead times
- Simple parts welded together are cheaper than complex stampings or castings
- Welded stampings can replace expensive machined parts
- Reduced components and assembly operations
The knowledge gained in the process of prototyping is applied to production tooling and the manufacturing process.
In other words, prototyping makes it easier to select the best possible manufacturing method and effectively shortens the development cycle.
Why Do We Make our Own Tools? So We Can Build You a Better Part
Since we run dies, we know how to build them for accuracy, repeatability and consistency.
It also includes part holding fixtures for secondary operations such as welding or machining, inspection fixtures and gauges, assembly and test equipment.
Key Prototyping Benefits
- Prototypes help validate the part’s design/concept
- Prototypes enable you to evaluate how changes on a part may affect subsequent operations such as assembly or mating components
- Prototyping produces a physical sample that’s indicative of the production process prior to investing capitol for durable tooling
Key Tooling Benefits
- To ensure quality is designed into your project from the onset
- Reduced tooling lead times supports speed to market
- Tooling modifications can be done quickly
- Building dies internally ensures input from all stakeholders
SCHEDULE A FREE ENGINEERING PART REVIEW
In the early stages of product development? Schedule a free consultation with one of our design experts and let’s talk about how we can identify ways to cut costs and prevent mistakes early on in the stages of product development.